Monday, January 30, 2017

THE RUNDOWN! Last week to now!



Monday January 30th
Week ending January 28th

What’s that you say? You’re looking for a rundown of all the news that’s fit to read from the week gone by, collected into one accessible bite sized info dump. Well my friend, have you come to the right place! Well, have you? That was a question.


We've got a 'Hit' on our hands!


- January 31st sees the launch of the first season of the Square-Enix/IO Interactive Hitman reboot/season/whatever... The first episode was great, and I expect more great based on the word of mouth. I chose to be patient and grab the whole thing at once rather than go the piecemeal route. Anyone else looking forward to returning to the world of the master assassin, Agent 47?

This video was a hoot by the by...






So much for the revolution

- In the, "I didn't ask for this..." category of news, comes word that Square Enix has put the big kibosh on Eidos Montreal's Deus Ex franchise after disappointing sales of the late-summer sequel, 'Deus Ex: Mankind Divided'. Eidos Montreal goes on to work on an undisclosed Marvel property... sigh. It's not the end of the franchise, but you can see it from here.



Avengers re-assemble!

- Did anyone really ask for an Avengers game developed by Crystal Dynamics, and published by Square Enix under a new, multi-game deal with Marvel? I sure as shit didn't. Nor do I really care. Thanks for nothing. I'm sure someone out there is happy about this, but I'll just sit here pining over what could have been; another stellar Tomb Raider, a Legacy of Kain re-boot, anything but yet another horrible comic-book tie in game. Based on the wasted effort/cash grab that is the Avengers no less...


Slow news otherwise, I'm gonna sod off... Square Enix has put me in a foul mood...






Where there's smoke, there's Iron Man using arc reactor rays to purge all creativity and artistic endeavour from Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal.





No comments: