Wednesday, June 06, 2007

"Where the Earth Meets the Sky"


It's been a while once again. For that i don't apologize, as i'm sure you're sick of hearing it. So as i type, i'm at work, it's freakin amazing out, with a nice cool summer downpour going on (you can smell the clean smell of the rain - it's awesome), and Queen are on the DVD player. I'm not a huge Queen fan, they're ok - but this is Queen without Freddie Mercury. This Paul whasisface is actually a pretty damn powerful singer, like a Baritone Freddie M, and i'm digging it - but it got me thinking. When my band (tentatively called "The Rock Machine" or just "The Machine") has been 30 years on, with multiple platinum hits well over a decade old, featuring a long period of inactivity, decides to get together for "one last go" - it's gonna be called one of the following:

-The LAST SHOT AT RELEVANCE tour -
-The LAST MINUTE MONEY GRAB tour -
-The STEVE NEEDS A BIGGER HOUSE AND A FEW MORE CARS tour. -

all damn clever names I thought.

Samantha (the new baby) is doing well, one month old today! Abby and Sarah are great, and work is pretty good, busy as usual (main reason you haven't been seeing updates more frequently.)

Other happenings over the last 30 days or so:

- I've left the DVD Verdict forums, personal reasons more than anything else - but i've moved on. I really don't have any sort of online presence anymore outside of this blog and...

- Facebook - This community is retarded. If you thought the Myspace craze was insane, you haven't seen anything. I haven't dove face first so much into the deep end as dipped my toes into the cold cold waters at the shallow end. It's been a real trip seeing people i haven't heard tell of in over a decade add me to their Facebook accounts.

- My xbox 360 library continues to grow with no rhyme or reason. I've broken 30 titles now, with more on the way over the summer. Most recent additions were Shadowrun (pretty damn cool) and Forza 2 (amazing!). The fact that i can take photos of my cars and upload them to the Forza website never ceases to amaze me. Who knew that next gen gaming would mean taking snaps of purdy cars in real time in the middle of a race and sharing them with a community of gearheads.

My first racecar!

- J.R.R Tolkien's new book was bloody amazing!

- Mitch is back online! I'll try and update links accordingly. Head on over there and yell at him for not updating - tell him i sent ya.

- Kev is home for the summer as of this Saturday, coincidentally, this Saturday also happens to be the first official get together of the summer (for Andy's B-day). Good stuff.

Thats all for now:


The Rundown:

Watching:
Flags of our Fathers / Letters from Iwo Jima / Inside Man / Twister

Listening to:
Xavier Rudd - White Moth / Powderfinger - Dream Days at the Hotel Existance / Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction

Reading:
Shadowrun 4th Edition

Playing:
Shadowrun (xbox360) / Forza Motorsport 2 (xbox360) / F.E.A.R (xbox360) / Elder Scrolls: Shivering Isles (Xbox360) / Driver '76 (psp) / Two Worlds (PC)

Cheers,
Steve

"He went out and got himself some corporate sponsors! He's in it for the money, not the science!"

3 comments:

Cptn-Grey said...

Yeah I guess I'll have to try this FaceBook thing out myself. Nice to see you on here again. No one seems to use blogs anymore... I' haven't had a reply my blog in over four months i'd say... Well see you at the party.

Mitch said...

Yell at me? Yell at me? This from a man who makes us wait four weeks and then hits everybody up with a quote from Twister. Screw you, hippy!

YOOLY!

SteveTP said...

Your unnatural hatred of Bill Paxton has got to stop!

There's no beating the Paxton Factor!