Thursday, February 01, 2007

"Close to nowhere, and Halfway Accross."

What's happenin' cats n' kittens?

Been a little while since last I graced (or cursed) you with my prescence, and for that i sincerely apologize (or not, depending on how you feel about the whole thing.)

Current events: what the hell is up with the city of Boston hey?? None of them watch such fine fare as Aqua Teen Hunger Force? Well, not that i'd ever seen an episode in my life, but mistaking glowing neon critters for Bombs!!??? Americans sure can be stupid, or excessively paranoid. Or maybe this was a perfectly legitimate reaction, and we Canadians are just far too laid back in our thinking. Hey, that looks like a neon light brite critter flipping the bird... woah... BOOM! Dang, i should have figured it was packed with Semtex and fertilizer, and was meant to cause rampant chaos and disarray. Either way, we interpret it as a threat, shut down essential services, THE TERRORISTS WIN! Or we ignore it and risk fiery death, THE TERRORISTS WIN! Didn't the same thing happen with little boxes attached to newspaper dispensers that blared the Mission: Impossible III theme! "Holey shit! That little black box just told me this newspaper stand will self destruct in 10 seconds! As soon as I grabbed my copy of the New York Times! RUN AWAY! IT'S A BOMB!" Yes my friends, once again... THE TERRORISTS WIN!

In my own little corner of the world - The computron has been returned to its home on the second floor, complete with a nice new (p)leather desk chair, a new wireless router for some damn fast internet rates, and a retail purchased copy of Windows Vista (that i will install when i buy more RAM). It feels strange actually owning a legitimate operating system (my first since Windows 95 - i didn't say that out loud did I?) I like Vista, it's nice.

Also addicted to World of Warcraft - 2 years after i first started playing the damn thing and i finally "get on board". Blood Elves are cool - level 14 and counting!

Sheavy show this Saturday, and i have to work goddamn! Sheavy show next Saturday , and I'll be there - maybe I'll try and catch some video, which I'm sure Dan will let me share.

Sick as a dog earlier this week - had a fever for pretty much all of Monday night, all of Tuesday, and right up to Wednesday morning - still haven't completely recovered, but at least i can walk now.

In other gaming news, Xboxlive is taking over my life - lately it seems I log in, and there are a ton of people online! I've played more deathmatch and co-op in the last two weeks than I had the entire first year i had the machine! It's a hoot and a half! I'm finally getting to see what this "Xbawx live" stuff is all about.

Deadwood is the greatest TV show in the history of everything you fucking cocksuckers...

Almost done with Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five, not a bad read, a little too smug and self aware for my tastes, but it got a few chuckles. It reads Brit-like, like an American trying real hard to do British satire...

Haven't done one of these in a while:

The Rundown:

Watching: Deadwood: Season 2 / Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut / Sky Blue / Flyboys / NCIS: Season 1

Listening To: Fu Manchu - We Must Obey / Pearl Jam - Yield / Jethro Tull - Aqualung / The DRopkick Murphys - The Warriors Code / Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death

Reading: Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegurt

Playing: World of Warcraft (pc) / Gears of War (xbox360) / Lost Planet (xbox360) / Call of Duty 3 (xbox360) / Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (xbox360)

Eating: McDonalds


I'm out!

Cheers,
Steve

"Is that Frederich Nietzsche? You don't speak because of Frederich Nietzsche? Alright..."

2 comments:

kevin said...

hey dude...good to see another post. i've been lazy. this weekend for sure. I also got myself a copy of Vista ( and when I say copy...you know what i mean). havven't installed yet. lots of friggin around with it. but apparently my system can run it. and hopefully the new video divers will help, considering the pain i had with the beta. bleh.


also took aff the Vista transformation pack and reinstalled flyAkite. man itrocks.


damn you and your world of warcraft. remember when we were virtual tourists? heheh

hope you're feeling better.

kev

SteveTP said...

Haven't installed it yet, gonna pick up a stick of ram when Sarah gets paid - add a gig to the machine. Then i'm off and running.

Dude, i miss those tourist nights - i log in with my old orc and check out the friend's list and i get all nostalgic when i see that Derm's name there.

Drag i don't still have the photo album :)

We had way too much time on our hands.