Thursday, December 21, 2006

There's a Lady who's sure, All that glitters is gold...

Only a few days left before Christmas - thought I'd hit you guys with a few pictures from the ole camera:

First up - the house, with a few Christmas lights. I'm not one of these Christmas Vacation types who believes in covering every nook and cranny of his domicile in twinklers or LED's, i like a "less is more" approach. I think it looks good anyway.


For a little Abby love - the munchkin can now spell her own name, and does a pretty good job at writing it too. Mom (or Nana to her) also taught the little braniac how to play Gofish during the week, and she's writing four or five words now! I'm not proud though, nosiree.


Finally - the Filmcave, version 2.0! After a ton of work painting and polishing, some furniature re-arranging, and two swanky incandescent lamps, the filmcave is better than ever. Light years beyond the dingy hole with carpet whose color can only be described as "Texas Chainsaw white" that it was when we moved in. Hopefully i get some laminate flooring early in the new year and finish it up.


In other news, still no idea what I'm getting for Christmas, have a pile of stuff picked up for Sarah, and yet - it feels like i don't have enough - go figure. Watched A Scanner Darkly during the week - one of the most original pieces of work I've ever seen. Waking Life and School of Rock may have soured me bigtime on Linklater, but this renews my faith in the guy, and the supplemental materials go a long way to proving he's one of the coolest guys in the biz.

I don't know if I've given mention to it or not, but Dan (Link to right) is back to blogging again, having abandoned his short brush with fiction. I'm still writing myself, the idea I've had since March or so. It's evolved somewhat over time, and the back story has grown a little more complex as it has evolved. The prose itself remains pretty straightforward. It's taken on a bit of a blasphemous bent - like if this thing ever got published, Christians would be burning an effigy of me and such. But essentially it's Indiana Jones, crossed with the X-Files, crossed with H.P. Lovecraft, and set in the very early 1900's. Call it adventure with a classic Horror bent. Central characters are a British surgeon from the 1700's named Luther Isaac Huxley, and his buffalo soldier Civil War veteran sidekick Nathaniel Grey. If this sounds at all interesting to you - well cool!

That's it for now.

The Rundown:
Watching: A Scanner Darkly / A Christmas Story
Listening To: Led Zeppelin - Boxed Set / The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by Howard Shore / Incubus - Light Grenades
Reading: Sahara
Eating: Salt n Vinegar flavored popcorn.

Cheers,
Steve

"Fraah-jeele-Ay! Must be Italian!"

5 comments:

Mitch said...

Is that the robot from The Black Hole in the window?

Merry Christmas, bud!

SteveTP said...

Dang... it could be...

I keep hearing noises in the middle of the night. Good eyes Mitch.

Merry Christmas to you too - hope Satan Claus is good to ya.

Jon said...

Great, now I'm never going to Steve's house again. Thanks Mitch.

Mitch said...

Quit your whinin', Chappy.

Seriously, though, what the hell is that thing in the window?

SteveTP said...

I think it's just lights from the other side of the street reflecting off the damn glass.


I hope...