Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I Ain't Ever Spoke to God, and I Ain't Ever Been to Heaven.

Newfoundland, Rock , Arctic Planet...

December has hit, so has the snow. Hello winter, i missed you, you sunuvabitch! Actually - i didn't. Cracked the front bumper on my car this morning trying to clear ice from around the tire... nice. Last payment on this thing is due next week, and i may be turning it in for some new wheels, and now I'm going to have to spring for a front bumper. Doesn't help that I've been flat broke since September, and i owe people money. Not bad, gonna break your legs sort of people, but good decent folk who were kind enough to give me stuff ahead of a getting paid for it. I feel like such a heel.

In other news, the basement is more or less done. Didn't manage to get the drywall to replace the chip-board wall, so i just painted over the damn thing. The film-bunker is no longer battleship grey, and i've switched the layout a bit. I really dig the new look - it'll be better when i can get some laminate flooring down, but it's certainly way beyond where it was aesthetically speaking. In all of the re-arranging, I lost my long length of ethernet cord to one of the cats, and had to move my router/modem downstairs to accomodate my Xbox360, so once again, i am without a computer with internet capabilities until i can either:

A: Get a longer length of Ethernet cable to run up two floors to the computer.
B: Fix my own computer and get the wireless up and running.
C: Buy a wireless receiver for the Xbox360.

Ideally, i'd like to combine B and C, but that's the more expensive out.

Mom's computer is also pissing me off. It's not an antique or anything, in fact it's a decently capable machine (pIII - 1.8 ghz) that's a little low on ram (128mb). But the damn thing hates USB! I have been unable to even install my little USB wireless receiver, and with more than 1 USB device plugged in, the damn thing restarts randomly during use. Ah hell, she was nice enough to let me steal it (and a bottle of Kahlua!) so i shouldn't complain. I'm really starting to miss my beast now though (and it's 32 GB of MP3).

In other news, Checked out the unrated version of Miami Vice, one of the best of films of 2006, no doubt, and was impressed. The "Director's Cut" flows a little better in my mind, and the added intro sequence helps a lot. It doesn't feel as much like you walked into a film that's been on on for 10 minutes or something. A problem i didn't really notice until i watched this version. Have to pick up a copy myself ASAP. I'm sure Mitch is digging this thing in HD. Also caught Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest for the first time since opening night, and thankfully i still enjoyed it immensely, I feared it would follow in the "loved in theater, never ever wanted to see again afterwards" footsteps of The Mummy Returns. It didn't.

Kev is home from Merry 'Ole England in just over a week, and Christmas is closing fast. Still haven't gotten any Christmas shopping done. Damn i suck. Next paycheck is pretty much spoken for as well - here's hoping i can find a way to order Sarah's stuff, otherwise I'm stuck scrambling around town on the 23rd.

When December hits, I usually start giving thought to my pretentious year end Top-10 lists. Normally i come up with a list of everything I've seen, listened to, or played during the year that i enjoyed and i go from there - but this year is proving a little more difficult - it's been a damn awesome year for me in terms of games, movies, and music. All around awesome. Also wondering if i should do one mammoth post like last year, break it down by category, or countdown from ten for the last ten days of '06. Decisions, decisions.

Enough outta me.

Cheers,

Steve

"Where is the thump thump?"





Your Deadly Sins
Sloth: 100%
Greed: 40%
Lust: 40%
Gluttony: 20%
Envy: 0%
Pride: 0%
Wrath: 0%
Chance You'll Go to Hell: 29%
You will get bugs, because you're too lazy to shoo them off. And then you'll die.

7 comments:

Mitch said...

I'm still waiting for my copy of Vice to frickin' show up. Seems everyone underestimated the demand. I'd better have it by the weekend!

Cptn-Grey said...

dood. i took that test too. mine said wrath: 40% greed: 20% and it said i would die but first i would turn into an evil robot

kevin said...

aapartently I'm gonna die in a duel. cool! oh wait...that means i lose.....

Lebowski said...

Damn thing said I would die with my hand in my underwear, watching Star Trek.

SteveTP said...

ouch!

kevin said...

that's not good lebowski. now...where's the money?

SteveTP said...

Awwww man... not on the rug.