Monday, August 14, 2006
Military Intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense
It's been a long time i know. Holidays are winding down, back to work tomorrow, so i figured i'd post a little update.
First things first, the wedding was fantastic. The ceremony was short n sweet (about 30 minutes), and the reception went off without a hitch. We had somewhere in the neighborhood of 130 guests, and everyone told us they had a swell time.
A few props before i go any further:
- My Groomsmen - Russ, Kev, Andy, Chuck, Jon. You guys were awesome - and like i said at the reception, no way i coulda done this without my army at my back. I aped a shot off of Chuck's website:
- Kev - Dude, you get on a plane from London, show up barely a week before the wedding, and you MC the shit out of it. Hat is off to you sir.
- Bob - Sarah's bro, you kept the kids in line during the few days of insanity leading upto the whole shebang, after flying from Calgary no less - above and beyond the call of duty.
- Barry Crocker - Our DJ, did a fantastic job with the tunes!
- Our parents - Both sides, you guys all did a fantastic job on getting everything ready, it all went off without a hitch, and i owe that to you guys - even if you don't understand why we'd spend 2 grand on a tv set.
Anyway, stuck around until a little after midnight, when the DJ spun "Tuesday's Gone" by Lynard Skynard, our chosen exit song. Spent the evning in the beautiful Bonavista Room at Leaside Manor, and breakfast at McDonald's the next day!
I'll share some photos of the whole thang when i get some :)
In other news, made a huge purchase last week, a brand spankin new 50 inch Sony Grand Vega LCD. This thing is sweet. Movies look awesome (hell even the non-anamorphic discs look decent!) than ks to the upconversion feature on the xbox360. Have that sucker pumping through the VGA input on the tele for all my 720p visual goodness. Goes without saying that 360 games look incredible. Of course the problem with a display so big, is that you'll see flaws inherent in source material that you just couldn't notice on a smaller display, and this is where my PS2 suffers a tad. Some games (Tekken 5, GT4) look amazing, while others show their age somewhat. Everything still looks damn swell, but some of the inherent flaws in the PS2 hardware are a little more evident.
Caught a few flicks, Miami Vice was awesome - best pic of 06 thus far for me. Bon Cop, Bad Cop was an interesting little Canadian cop thriller in the same vein as Beverly Hills Cop or Lethal Weapon, and it was entertaining enough - the Characters were excellent, even if the Hockey-centric plot was more than a little hokey - also - best villian death ever! Pulse was a misfire - total waste of time - at least it was free.
Enough outta me for now, i'm off to try and get my DVD collection posted on DVDSpot.
Watching: V For Vendetta / Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade / Raiders of the Lost Ark / Sky Blue / Cross of Iron
Listening To: Megadeth - Rust in Peace / The Tragically Hip - In Between Evolution / Aerosmith - Gold (one of the many greatest hits packages) / Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death (three song sampler) / Slayer - Christ Illusion
Reading: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Eating: Kraft Dinner
Wishing: I had just one day alone to burn through the Lord of the Rings Trilogy on the new display.
"Where there's Smoke... There's a lit candle that got a little too close to the hairspray laced bridesmaids"
Posted by SteveTP