Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Look out Mamma, There's a White Boat Coming up the River!

Bad news first. Looks as though the Town Cryer gig is done. I don't know the details, but the paper is on hiatus for the immediate future, which precludes me gettign any more articles in print. I had just submitted my third article, the paper was doing very well from what i'm told, things just got a little crazy behind the scenes. I wish them all the best, and I'd like to thank Neil for bringing me into the fold, even if i only managed two articles out there. I'd also like to thank the people who gave either Neil or myself some feedback on the articles, it leads me to believe that people were actually reading and enjoying them. Who knows what the future will bring. In the meantime, The Busted Controller is still there, and i just uploaded my review for Oblivion! Go check it out if you feel so inclined. If not, well, then don't.

We had Andy's birthday shindig over the weekend, and I had late night house guests pretty much every day of the weekend, and then Sarah's folks for supper yesterday - damn i been busy, top that off with a 12 hour shift today, and split shifts tomorrow and Thursday, and i don't forsee myself having a whole lot of free time for the rest of the week. May try to watch a movie or something when i get home this evening. How long is Patton?

In other news, my Kingdom of Heaven review continues to attract attention, and i've had an offer to write some reviews for a movie-centric website. It's a non-paying gig for a relatively new site, and i've given a tentative "yes" answer. It's an experiment mainly, i'm testing myself to see if i can handle some regular review work these days, and still keep the quality of the output from suffering. If i can keep myself at a level where i'm satisfied, maybe i'll push some stuff to the gurus over at DVDVerdict the next time they have a drive for some new Judges.

This "few days in the life" has been brought to you by the number 7, the number 14, and the letter "G". Bored? So sorry.

What difference do you think you can make, one man in all this madness?

Cheers,
Steve
"Where there's smoke... There's David Wilcox catchin' a molotov cocktail while he's doin' the bearcat."

7 comments:

Mitch said...

Re: Town Cryer--damn, bud.

Re: The new Gig--cool, bud.

Re:Patton--3 hours, bud.

SteveTP said...

3 hours ain't gonna happen - especially since Johnny zero has seen fit to grace me with his company - perhaps The Last Boy Scout? :)

Mitch said...

That sounds more like it. :)

SteveTP said...

or Butch Cassidy

Mitch said...

Can't go wrong with Butch.

kevin said...

sorry about the town cryer mang...
let us know what this new site is all about for sure. and dude..you totally should be a Verdict judge.


okay...i think i'm taking apart my laptop in the next few days. found a step by step guide online. gonna try cleaning the fans and cooling module. wish me luck bro...

SteveTP said...

best of luck kemo sabe! Try getting a bit of thermal paste and smearing it over yer CPU as well - that stuff works wonders man.