Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Layin pipe! All night long! Layin pipe! I been workin so hard!

I'm coughing up lungs dammit! LUNGS!

I hate the flu.

In other news. Lost my Oblivion save game last night... Very nearly snapped the disc in two and fired my 360 out the window. Regained composure, hopped in the car, drove to the store, and retrieved an older save off of the store's 360. So all told i lost about 16 hours worth of progress, still a bitch, but not as harsh. It was my own stupid fault - no fault of the xbox or the game, i had erased all of my save games (about 45 of em) save for my autosave. I load up the game, and decide to fart around with the character creation, exit the sewers. and BAM my autosave is overwritten! ARGH! Be interesting to see if i go in the same direction i did for the last 16 hours or so, most likely i will.

Seal news. I don't know if anyone's been following what's been going on with Costco yanking Seal oil capsules off of the shelves here in St. John's. Anyway, they did, shitstorm ensued. Turns out Paul Watson sits on the Costco board, and lobbied the company to strip a locally produced product from our local store - not a good idea. Costco has been realively quiet about the whole thing, their local management have been citing "low sales" though Watson takes credit on his own webpage for the deed (which ordinarily wouldn't mean shit, being as theatricality and deception are his modius oprandi - like Batman or R'has al Ghul). But since Costco hasn't retorted or dismissed Watson's statements, and since the fat bastard sits on Costco's board of directors - well 2+2=4. Victory is ours you stupid fucker! Costco has long been one of St. John's "retail hotspots", and business took a nosedive as the city organized a boycott. Banning a local product for entirely political reasons? Shame on you! So what happens this week? Costco once again places Seal Oil capsules on their retail shelves. And an aside - for those of you with phsical pains, bad back? Arthritis? bad knees from too much Rugby? Seal Oil is the Shizzle! Omega 3 or whatever. The stuff is gold! My parents swear by it (Dad is 66, mom will be 60 this year). They're in better shape and are more mobile than i am! Lets just say there's no way in hell you'd catch me skating a few periods against my father - he'd kick my ass six ways to Sunday!

Pamela Anderson is a stupid bitch, she tried to bring down the Seal shit while hosting the Junos, and the crowd layed the smacketh downeth - looks good on her!

That's it for today, come back tomoroow - where i hope to keep the daily update streak going a little while longer!

There is a conspiracy here!

Cheers,
Steve
"Where there's smoke... there's Steve settign David Wilcox on fire"

10 comments:

NL-ExPatriate said...

LOL Awesome Steve great blog.

I to am still puzzled by Costco. I seem to remember them making a press release where they stated "Dispicable product"

I also don't understand why they aren't pursuing legal action against the $$ society for slander? Unless ofcourse they are implicated and were knowingly mentioned.

SteveTP said...

Thanks for the kind words.

I'd say the reasoning behind legal action is the fact that Watson is tied to the company. According to info on VOCM's talkback this morning he actually sits on the board. I don't know how accurate that statement is, but it would explain a lot. What really boils me is the fact that Casto may well start selling Seal oil by the end of the week, but i can gaurantee you no one outside of the city will catch wind of it. These bastards get all of the headlines, and when they're sent running, tails between legs, no one hears. I hope the Sea Shepperd 7 (or whatever floating bulldozer Watson is cruising around in these days) pulls a Titanic. Poetic justice? Instant Karmic Retribution? You decide ;)

Aside - really enjoying Outside the Box as well. Very fine work!

Thanks for reading!

NL-ExPatriate said...

Don't think this is over yet. Watson wants and needs the publicity this has created in order to gain the exposure necessary to raise funds from teh bleeding hearts.

Executive member is what watson is Christ I'm an executive member.

Board of directors is the implication and I don't think he is on that at least not in Canada.

Thanks for your kind comments also.

I have a new cause now EXXON/Mobile AKA ESSO's greed and the Hebron project.

SteveTP said...

Noble cause too. I've only recently started following this one. I think it may work out in the end, have to wait and see i guess.

bmwracer said...

Hey, STP!

Sorry to hear that you've got the flu... Chicken soup, my boy, chicken soup... :)

Hope you're feeling better.

Also, my apologies for not stopping by sooner and more frequently... AND not having your blog included in my blog's recommended list... I'll rectify that right now.

Cheers!

SteveTP said...

Welcome aboard Beamer! I won't tell anyone yer slumming ;)

Jon The Uncool said...

Steve needs to be more like me...I make the flu tap out. I just lock on the good old "Bravo Two Zero", crank back, andc watch it tap out.

Jondre the GianT said...

Man...David Wilcox. What a wanker. He sucked at Salmonfest. Him and his frickin' happy songs that make no sense! :)

SteveTP said...

I used to think that Coke! came in a bottle or can!

Silk Underwear, wasn't right for a man!

No more sittin in the ally! With the bums drinkin booze!
Cause Downtown... Came uptown... for you!

Man, you can't make that shit up.

Fuck you David Wilcox! Fuck you up your stupid ass!

Dunnyman's Castle said...

Hmmm...I'm taking that this is quite the issue in yer neck of the woods?
One of my best buds here is the son of the founder of Kirkland Brands, and good friends with the entire board of hotshots. lemme see if he can get a fire lit under an ass or two. IF he wants me to finish his company's webpage that is...:-)