Saturday, March 11, 2006

Yeah this beat goes on!

Saturday freestyle,

Freezing rain, changing to snow and ice pellets! Sounds pleasant. Lets thank Frank over in weather for that rosy update:

In other news, the phones are royally screwed at our St. John's store - which means i'm seeing twice the volume of calls here - joy! About 85% of them consist of "Hey man, is there something wrong with the phone at the other store? I call, but i just hear static and wierd popping noises, then it feels like my brain is on fire and the phone hangs up!"

Really... I don't think it takes a Phd, or hell, even a high school diploma to figure out that, yes, the phones are fucked.

Meanwhile, The mystery dent on my passenger side fender has gotten bigger. Eventually it will consume the entirety of the car and it will cave in on itself, lets hope that happens AFTER the lease is up in October. I don't want to explain the rip in the fabric of space and time that remains where the car once stood before it was sucked into itself.

Also in the news this week, the first two seasons of Arrested Development were traded in last night, i'm considering pulling the trigger based on all the unabashed love this show gets over at the 'ole Verdict. Is it really any good? Those Verdict guys (some of the American folk anyway) can be pretty wierd when it comes to TV. I'll take it home, check out an episode or two. Which reminds me, I really have to pick up that first season of Newsradio (freakin' brilliant!)!

Finally managed to get back on the ole XBawX live last night - i have about 8 days worth of free Xbox Live Gold time, which i will probably waste on Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. The multiplayer in this thing is absolutely retarded. Five of us got together last night and played a few co-op matches, which were so much more fun than that old fashioned deathmatch bullshit - i consistantly finished second behind some kind of Ghost Recon prodigy who's already got the two day old game finished on both difficulties - so i felt pretty goddamn good about myself. My god this game is amazing!


The rundown:
Watching: Newsradio season 1 / Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire / Jarhead
Listening to: Starsailor - On the Outside / Megadeth - So Far, So Good... So What?
Reading: I was reading something - though for the life of me i can't remember what it was.
Playing: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (xbox360)
Eating: Tropicana Twister (drinking)
Wishing: I could go home, hop online, and Pwn some more n00bs

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun!

Cheers,
Steve
"Where there's smoke... There's a melting brain and a telephone programmed to kill"

1 comment:

kevin said...

dude Arrested DEvelopment is awesome. Gob is my favourite character. I watched first two seasons this summer and fall. check it OUT!