Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It didn't come, it doesn't matter...

So yeah, i was over at Molly's place - doing some light reading - when something she said with regards to all these bloggers struck me:

When i get stuck in traffic on the odd weekday (carting the youngling to the grandparents place- or running work related errands) and i see your average schmoes tying up traffic en masse - i have to wonder - why the fuck aren't any of you people at work??? jesus christ! Doesn't anyone work anymore? Man! Are there that many people either sponging off of the system, or married to a rich enough spouse that they get their own car and no daytime responsibilities? How do i hook up? Help me out here? These aren't the "customer service line at Wal Mart" sort of dregs of society either, they ain't the baggy-eyed Bingo blotter losers or chronic unemployables - many of these people seem like your average everyday professional joes (or janes). I find it hard to believe that they're all carting younglings, or running to purolator to pick up a missed shipment - oh no... there are no kids in the car, and the Purolator lot is typically empty... but they're driving 30 and 40 thousand dollar cars... Is society in general so far removed from the classic 9 to 5 groove? How come i didn't get this memo?

And in Other News... following the cardinal rule of changing appearances twice a quarter - i just shaved the damn beard and replaced my "rootswear" with some trendy Eddie Bauer shiznit!- thus rendering the new pic obsolete! Hoorah! That's a lie - well the Eddie Bauer part anyway - i'm still wearing free video game t-shirts from work - the rootswear is an anomaly... but i did shave the ole Grizzly Adams. I figured Mom would be happy - but she didn't even notice... bitch... (love ya Mom!)

Meanwhile, caught
Underworld: Evolution over the weekend. Let's just say i was a fan of the first and leave it at that ok? Yeah - i enjoyed it immensely. It does a fantastic job of filling in some of the mythology the series hinted at in the first installment. Personally, i think it's about time the whole "gothic vampires" thang got itself a nice Hollywood franchise.
As good or bad as the material can be inherently, it takes itself deadly serious, and looks slick as all get out. The acting is on par with the original - adding Derek Jacobi to replace the deceased Bill Nighy (who still makes a few appearances). Personally - i hope they get to finish their supposed trilogy. I'll gobble it up! I also have to mention how goddamn gory this thing was! Blood and snot everywhere! There's some good stuff in here for gorehounds, and it was as overboiled as the rest of the production, which, i know, is something i wasn't keen on with King Kong and all, but here - the whole overcooked thing actually helps the film - make sense? thought not.

Oh, and to borrow a bit from Good buddy, minority oppressing, and gun polishing American, Mitch - who stole the device from some dude named McGee in Lethal Weapon 2 - Kate Beckinsale makes me wanna go out and buy rubbers...


Enough of my Rambling - Deckard is getting angry with me...


Yeah, I watched Blade Runner: The Director's Cut this past weekend as well - one of the goddamn greatest films of the 20th century i shit you not. Care to argue? Talk to the angry lookin bastard who looks a lot like Harrison Ford...

That's it for now...

Cheers,

Steve
"Where there's smoke... There's Steve, setting foot into a church."

14 comments:

Mitch said...

With you all the way on the Kate Beckinsale thing. And about Blade Runner being one of the best flicks of the 20th century.

And I didn't steal that from Lethal Weapon 2. It's an homage.

Hey, McGee, you got any unpaid parking tickets?

SteveTP said...

Why can ya fix em?

Homage - that's bullshit Mitch... but it's very good Bullshit!

now see what you made me do? I'm quoting Pearl Harbor! Jesus the humanity!

Mitch said...

You can't die, you're gonna be a father.

No, you are...

Shit, now you got me doing it too.

Dan Mancini said...

I figured Mom would be happy - but she didn't even notice... bitch...

Hilarious. It always takes my wife about two weeks to notice any change I make in facial hair. Yet if I missed some tweakage she made to her own appearance, it would be the end of life as I know it. Double standard? Certainly not.

Dan Mancini said...

Oh, and I'm onboard with Blade Runner (which I really need to see again, since it's been years...literally).

Except for the dove thing at the end.

I've said it before in the JR, and I'll say it again here: I don't know what Ridley was thinking when he did that. Unless he was thinking I'm a moron, which is a distinct possibility.

(Actually, this talk of Ridley has made me want to see Blackhawk Down again for some reason.)

jgodsey said...

blogs too long i fell asleep right after you plugged my blog.

i am kinda sick of the goth vampire movie trend...i think the bloom is off that rose.

Dan Mancini said...

blogs too long

If he expects Americans to read it, he needs to add pi'tures.

maintcoder said...

Funny stuff, Steve... loved the Three Stooges quip, but you know that Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld have that gig locked up! 8-\

Mash said...

I totally agree with you on Blade Runner. Ridley is the man after all. And it sucked that I had to leave early so I couldn't watch all of it with you guys.

But I Just Do Eyes!


And Kate Beckinsale makes me want to be all the man I can be! :D

Dunnyman's Castle said...

Kate is.....HOT. Ever seen Haunted? NEKKID!
And man, I am truly saddened by you ditching your Rootswear for EB. I live in Seattle, home to EB, and I'm sick of their stuff! You have a truly Canuck company, and you're a Canuck yourself, wear your Roots and be proud!!!

SteveTP said...

Not to worry my good man - i'm back into Capcom, Microsoft, Konami and Ubi-Soft video game t-shirts. Tonight it's "Chaos Legion"!

I love not having to buy shirts! :)

Dunnyman's Castle said...

Oooh...new stuff from Nintendo to work on just popped in the ol' e-mail box and.......oh. Whoa. That's so effin' cool. THAT's gonna blow some minds in the gaming biz, gosh, I'll bet Steve would love to see this, I wonder if I should

SteveTP said...

Now that's entirely you're call - any contacts within the "biz" i've had in the past have remained entirely confidential ;) I've been privvy to some crazy info in the past - usually because i don't press for it. And because i know for many that if certain info (or sources of said info)got out it would mean their asses in a sling ;)But yeah, i've heard/seen some pretty crazy shiznit in my days.

Mitch said...

Hey, hey, what are you two talking about? You need to hook a brother up.