Thursday, December 22, 2005

The wrong side of the tracks...

Well, here i am, after a span of two years, jockying the counter at venerable Microplay #716 (formerly 104). This is the place where it all began, way back in 1998. It's been about two years since i've left my newer, fresher, more "mine" home at Microplay 754 to man this ole beast - but the experience has been interesting. All of the old clientele, whom i did so enjoy back in the day, seem to have moved on - probably to the twenty or so (more like 4 - feels like 20) EB Games stores that opened up in the immediate vicinity - replaced by hillbilly cottonmouths looking for the latest and greatest in Game boy selections, and wanting to pay pennies for them . Then there's their less than cognizant grasp of the English language (and no, i'm no English scholar by any stretch). I'd just like to see a few of the old regs pop in, give me that "MAN! How the hell are ya!!!" speech just before Christmas - it'd make my month. Don't get me wrong, i'm not bummed or anything about the whole thing, a change of scenerey is sometimes as good as a vacation - and it's only one shift a week - i still have my store, but it just feels odd is all. On the plus side i just sold a 40-odd year old man a copy of Call of Duty for the PS2, and he gushed about how much he loved Medal of Honor - that was awesome...

In other news - Ranma 1/2 for the super nintendo sucks... And spending the night playing shitty 2D SNES fighting games with a few buds can lead to temporary madness... HYPER COMBOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

And I may have a copy of The Osterman Weekend soon - which is awesome - thanks Molly! Rutger Hauer is cooler than all of you - Chuck Norris? Mr. T? Vin Diesel? BAH! Rutger is the man!

Cheers,
Steve
"Where there's smoke... There's the worst Christmas dinner you ever gonna eat!"

5 comments:

jgodsey said...

you're welcome.
Rutger IS cooler....but I'm a Flesh and Blood kinda gal.

SteveTP said...

I have to find that damn flick! Rutger and Paul Verhoven! Together!

Mitch said...

Play your cards right and you just might get that widescreen Johnny Mnemonic. I'm not making any promises, so don't get all hot and bothered just yet. But I am working on it. ;)

Gotta go...me and Hoss are off to see the big monkey movie.

SteveTP said...

The spirit of Christmas is alive and well! :D!

Enjoy the show!

I'll go see it next month.

Mitch said...

Just got back...it frigging rocks!